Welcome to my teaching portfolio!
My name is Keshav Prasad Paudel. I am working as an associate professor in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) at the Norwegian College of Fishery Science, UiT The Arctic University of Norway since August 2016.
I am environmental geographer by training, specializing in GIS /Remote Sensing and resource management. I have a PhD degree in Geography (2011) and an M. Phil. degree in Mountain Ecology and Human Adaptation (2006) from University of Bergen. Before joining the UiT, I worked as a postdoctoral researcher and researcher in the Department of Geography, University of Bergen (UiB). I have worked at the intersection of GIScience, resource management and socio-ecological system. My scientific approach is a triangulation of several sets of methods, combining remote sensing/GIS analysis, spatial modeling, and ethnographic research method. For more information about me, please visit my institute’s website.
This teaching portfolio has been developed as documentation and a presentation of the professional competence that I have achieved after taking the course Program for pedagogisk basiskompetanse (Program for Basic Pedagogical Competence ) in 2018– 2019. I took this course to improve my basic pedagogical skills and to further develop my teaching competence based on scientific grounds of teaching and learning. This teaching portfolio contains the following components:
- My teaching: In this section, I briefly recount my teaching experiences, basic repertoire and assessment methods, and reflect on ethical guidelines.
- My teaching philosophy: Here, I present my educational principles for university teaching and learning based on both pedagogical theory/research and my own empirical evidences.
- Teaching development project: This section documents my teaching development project, Use of online learning resources and student peer-teaching: Engaging students as partners in learning and teaching, which aims to improve my own teaching as well as student learning.
- Peer observation: Here, I present documentation of and reflection on reciprocal peer-reviewing in teaching.
- Summary and reflections: Finally, I present here a brief reflection of what I learnt from the course, my challenges as a teacher, and the way forward.